Friday, December 16, 2005

My latest workout fad

I have finally taken up yoga. In the past I have done tae kwon-do (which I really enjoyed until I broke a woman’s finger during a sparring match - I felt awful as the young lady fought back her tears) and various other sports. My plan was to take up squash this winter but one day about 3 weeks ago I tried out a yoga class and absolutely loved it. For the past year I’ve been having some pretty intense workouts at the gym that just left me drained. I have found with yoga I get the same satisfaction I got out of an intense workout – but, my body actually feels more rejuvenated for days afterwards. The breathing techniques associated with yoga also fit in nicely with my daily meditation routine. I think with any new workout regiment you have to find the right fit – instructor, time, benefit etc. I can’t think of any reason why yoga wouldn’t be a nice fit for anyone’s lifestyle. The key for me will be do I get bored? I find I move from one thing to the next due to boredom. I am hoping this will not be the case this time and will be something that can compliment by other physical activities, like biking & kayaking, for years to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home