Sunday, January 22, 2006

Brangelina, Tomkat, Bennifer - enough!

Am I the only one getting sick and tired of the media combining the names of famous couples? Bennifer, Brangelina, Tomkat, Vaughiston – oy!! Is it really that difficult to say both names? Especially with the first example – saying Ben & Jen is actually less letters than Bennifer (I wonder why that name dropped when Ben hooked up with Jennifer #2).

I guess to get the coupled moniker both parties have to be considered megastars. Look at Britney Spears & Kevin Federline. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a BritKev or Kevitney. I guess he doesn’t cut it (which does make sense – I’d never heard of him prior to his hooking up with Britney)

Did I mention I don’t like this new moniker phenomenon? Our only saving grace appears to be that, only new relationships are subjected to it. Partnerships created prior to Bennifer seem to be off the hook. Thank God! Can you imagine reading an article about past screen legends and having today’s media brand them. For example - what would they have named Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn? SpenKat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home