Sunday, December 18, 2005

The countdown is on..

One week before Christmas. For the first time in years I don’t feel the pressure of having too much to do before the big day. Thanks to on-line shopping I was able to get the bulk of my shopping done weeks in advance (I don’t even like to think of the pre-online world). Also, because I go away for Christmas I don’t have to deal with things like baking and planning meals etc. I will keep my fingers crossed that the weather isn’t too bad for the drive.

An annual Christmas tradition I have is to go out to my favourite restaurant with a friend. The restaurant in question is the delightfully charming Le Papillon. It is regularly voted best French restaurant in Toronto, but, to me – it’s just the best restaurant period! The atmosphere, the food, the service – they get everything right! And, for dessert their crepes are to die for. We went last night and it was fab!

This is the time of year where it’s very difficult to stick to a regime. Christmas parties, Christmas lunches, Christmas this Christmas that - everything is about eating & drinking. I generally don’t like having big meals (there are exceptions however, like stated above when dining at my favourite restaurant). I’m more of a muncher through out the day. It’s very hard to do that when you’re dining out. To compound the problem this year – my gym is closed for renovations this coming week. So, lots of Christmas parties and no working out. While I’m kinda annoyed that I can’t go work out I’m also thinking “tis the season”, so enjoy the break. After all, isn’t putting on weight part of the holiday tradition?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home