Saturday, January 28, 2006

A day spent in Kensington Market

A small gem in the city of Toronto is an area called Kensington Market. This eclectic little neighbourhood was the perfect place to spend the day in, which was unseasonably warm. The beauty of this place is that it's still 'untouched' by the modern chains. If you're looking for a Tim Hortons or Starbucks, this is not the place for you. It's filled with little shops, cafes, produce stands - and is well known for its vintage clothing. I read in a magazine that one of the cafes here actually sells marijuana. This was for use inside the cafe only (or on their back patio) - no takeout! Carrying small quantities of marijuana is legal here (i have no idea how much since I'm not a druggy). I was sniffing around though - was just curious which place it was. Who knows though, it was a few years ago I read about it, perhaps they no longer are selling it.



As you can see the streets are not very wide - it's very european looking. As someone that is generally surrounded by tall buildings it's nice to visit an old fashioned neighbourhood.

Oh, and the people here are too polite, they were stopping as I was taking my pictures rather than ruining my shot! They really didn't have to - I don't mind a head shot now and again. Guess people are worried about being posted on a blog. Blog-shy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home