Saturday, January 28, 2006

an update on my smoking

My attempt to quit smoking was an utter and total failure. As a matter of fact - i even forgot I was attempting it. So, i quit quitting. Now I can say "i'm no quitter".

Unfortunately, giving up is not an option. My partner is going to be moving back in with me in a couple of months - and she quit years ago. The last thing I want is for her to start again - two smokers puff each other on. So, it's best for me to quit before she moves in. Plus, let's face it - it's too difficult in the city to smoke anyways. It really is a social taboo now, and I'm not one of those people that walk on the street smoking. There is nothing I hate more than having someone's smoke blow in my face as I'm out for a walk. Not to mention all the smoke breaks smokers take during the day at the office - and they stink when they return. That has been a rule of mine for years - no smoke breaks at work. Funny, I never have cravings while at work. If only, i didn't have cravings at home. I think it comes down to routine. For some reason when I'm working on my computer at home - I smoke. I'm going to move my computer to a different area in my home and see if that changes things (it's a laptop, so not as if its a big deal). Maybe only surf from my bedroom - I have a rule - no smoking in the bedroom! Oh, maybe I'll start buying menthol cigarettes - they are disgusting. I should be able to quit if I switch to those.

Ok, I've convinced myself now - i'm going to attempt to quit smoking again! Good luck to self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home