Saturday, January 28, 2006

World Poker Tour - Ladies Night II

I have become quite a fan of poker lately. I've always enjoyed gambling, and have gone to Vegas a couple of times. But, for the past few years I haven't really thought of it. But, lately I have been watching the matches on TV, and even signed up on the WPonline.net site and play online.

Tonight I am watching the ladies battle it out - Clonie Gowan (the returning champ), Isabelle Mercier, Cyndy Violette, Wendeen Eolis, Sharon Goldman & Lavinna Zhang.

Lavinna Zhang, has only been playing for 6 months, yet she beat out over 300 players to make it to the finals here. Mind you, her husband is a professional poker player, so I guess she's probably received lots of tips. She certainly seems to have great instincts! She got lucky a few times this evening as well - but, that is poker.

There is half an hour left but, I think the French Canadian, Isabelle Mercier is going to win. She's very crafty. Flops a flush and keeps checking till the river card is shown, which just happens to be a King. The player she is up against has a King. Oh, she sucked her in good - and it paid off.

As I continue watching this (4 players are out now), it's heads up between Isabelle & Lavinna - I'm more and more impressed with Isabelle. She is sooooo smooth and sizes up her challengers so well without giving anything about her own hand away.

Final hand - Isabelle has Queen Eight and calls all in (she is the dominate chip leader). Poor Lavinna catches Queen Seven. She thinks about it for a bit and calls. Ouch! During the flop an Eight appears and it's buh bye Lavinna. But hey, 2nd place is pretty good for a new comer.

Was a great game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home