Friday, March 10, 2006

The Dating Game

The Toronto Star has started their 2006 Relationship Challenge.

I think this is the first one they've had so I'm looking forward to following it. They selected 11 men and 9 women out of 500 applicants. The goal is to find romance in the next 4 - 6 months. The Toronto Star is picking up the tab for the various dating services.

Dating - grrrr. Was it always this difficult? I guess there are more single people these days due to the disposability of relationships. People give up too quickly. Having a rough time? Leave! It's so unlike the past. My parents have been together over 40 years. I'm sure there were times one or both would have liked to throw in the towel, but, they didn't. They had a family and a commitment. Commitment - there is a word that seems to have changed meanings these days. I commit to you now - but, may change my mind later when I'm no longer having fun.

Anyhow, I'm interested in what the success rate will be in this challenge. I'm especially interested in what the durability rate is 6 months or even a year after the challenge comes to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home