Monday, January 30, 2006

Yet another smoking update

After my last smoking post, I had an interesting conversation with my girlfriend (that is moving back in with me in a couple of months). She is happy to have quit smoking, but, feels that she is the type of person that could have the odd cigarette now and again and not get hooked. I was kinda rolling my eyes at that (thank goodness she couldn't see me over the phone lines) - then, I came across this article today, on MSN Health & Fitness

This is the paragraph that supports me rolling my eyes:

What advice would you offer?

Don't be too optimistic about what quitting is going to be like; that will make you better prepared. As opposed to mourning a loved one who is gone forever, here the loved one is available at the nearest convenience store. Once a person has a single puff, the odds are 80 to 85 percent they will go back to full-time smoking.

I am hoping this will prove once and for all to my honey - I'm always right :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home