Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ashlee's 5 million dollar bet

Apparently Ashlee Simpson can't control herself while dining out. I came across this story on msn.ca explaining her behaviour when she was here in Toronto and dining out at McDonalds of all places.

Jessica's inexplicably best-selling sister tells Seventeen that she was "definitely a little tipsy" during her trip to the Golden Arches, an admission that should come as news to exactly no one who saw video of the fast-food fracas.

"I was being a little, you know, silly and crazy that day," explains Ashlee, 21, who was captured calling a female employee a nasty name, ordering her to "stop talking to me" and betting her $5 million that her manager would be "nice to me.

"I was laughing and joking around, and the guy behind me in line was like, 'Uh, you're gross' -- but he didn't know who I was until I turned around," she tells the mag.

Or, as she more succinctly put it on the tape, "You would not kiss my foot so [bleep
you].

Simpson says she wasn't aware that her McPlastered performance was being captured for posterity by the guy's cell phone-wielding friend, and 'fesses up that after she viewed it she thought, "Oh, gosh, I really hope my fans don't watch this!" But, in her defense, "They definitely [edited] stuff together.

Much like her "SNL" lip-synching hoedown and every other dignity-destroying incident that would have driven lesser starlets into a career-shelving shame spiral, the acid reflux- and exhaustion-suffering "Boyfriend" warbler declares that the McDonald's incident has only made her stronger.

" ... I felt it was a moment of growing up," Ashlee tells Seventeen. "Most people do that in college -- mine has to be done in front of the world.


I would be interested to know if the manager was indeed nice to her. Even though I have seen her picture from time to time and of course saw the video of the SNL stint, I don't think I'd even recognize her if I saw her in person. Wonder if the manager would have. There's something wrong with that behaviour tho - she's basically saying she doesn't have to behave in public because once people know who she is it's acceptable. It certainly doesn't sound as if she was offended by being called gross.

Oh well, to each their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home